8.4.16

Workout clothes for cheap

My sister is a health-nut, workout freak who is as passionate about quinoa as she is Lululemon, you get the type. I on the other hand am pretty happy if I've worked out more than two times a week and still don't see the appeal of quinoa (a.k.a fake rice, a.k.a tiny flavourless rocks). One thing we do agree on is that cute workout clothes are a major motivator to go to the gym. While my sissy looks very cute with her matching Lulu gear, there are budget friendly options that can still encourage you to turn off Netflix and get your butt into the gym.

1. Kyodon - This Montreal brand is one of my favourites for affordable athletic wear. Their moisture-wicking pants keep me dry during intense workouts which is a pretty big accomplishment because I sweat a lot. Seriously, I left a bucket of sweat behind on the floor after my last spin class. I buy them at Winners or Marshalls.




2. Forever21 - I get a lot of workout tops from there. They're cute and cost less than $30. Some of the pants die after a couple washes but at $10, I just go back and buy another pair.


A photo posted by forever21 (@forever21) on


3. Joe Fresh - I once found a workout top for 98 cents at Joe Fresh. End of story.

A photo posted by Joe Fresh (@joefresh) on

4. Nike - There's a reason all the gym rats at the gym wear Nike. They know their shit. Their Dri-Fit shirts are the best ones I've worn- they keep me dry during workouts and are so comfortable. Their training tights are lightweight yet keep me warm if I'm running outside in the winter. Although Nike is not necessarily cheap, I can find it at Winners for more than half the price or I stalk The Bay's website for when they go on sale.

A photo posted by NikeWomen (@nikewomen) on

1 comment:

  1. My friend is fitness freak. She keeps on changing her best workout clothes after few months as she believes that clothing should be replaced for comfort after sometime. Need to buy few pairs for myself and will take her recommendations too.

    ReplyDelete