14.4.16

Natural Beauty Staple : Apricot Oil



Not the St. Ives stuff. My dermatologist (a salesperson at Sephora) says the beads are just plastic and they're too abrasive on your face and we know salespeople at Sephora are omniscient. 

I have tried many oils in my journey to use more natural beauty products. Coconut remains my favourite because of its multiple uses but it does not work on my face. Almond is a also favourite for my hair but I was looking for one I could use for both skin and hair that wasn't too thick and didn't leave my skin looking extra oily. Enter apricot oil. This oil is so light it absorbs quickly into the skin without leaving a heavy film of oil.

How I use it:

Face moisturizer: After cleansing my face, I rub a few drops of apricot oil between my fingers and massage onto my face, neck, and brow bone which tends to be really dry.

Hair sealant : After I wash my curls, I add a pinch of oil to the ends of my hair to retain the moisture from the water.

Face mask: When I need a quick hydrating mask, I mix a little apricot oil with rosewater, leave the mixture on my face for 20 minutes and rinse it off. The result is amazing, it looks like you just got a facial done

Eye make-up remover: If I'm out of wipes, I simply use this to remove the 100 layers of mascara on my lashes.

No comments:

Post a Comment